Job Vacancy - Constituency Support Officer
Gavin Newlands MP is looking for a Constituency Support Officer to join his team in Paisley and Renfrewshire North.
Role: Constituency Support Officer
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scales – currently £21,529 - £32,983 pa.
Hours: Mon- Fri, 9am – 5pm with occasional working outside of these core hours.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to work in a busy and friendly constituency office as part of a hard-working team supporting constituents and Gavin in his work at Westminster.
Gavin is currently the SNP Spokesperson on Transport and Sport at Westminster as well as having a track record of campaigning on issues such as violence against women and girls, aviation, and fire and rehire.
The post is based at the constituency office in central Renfrew, however the role will involve some travel around the constituency to attend surgeries and potentially travel to Westminster to support Gavin in his duties there.
In general the job will focus on casework and serving constituents, however there are a variety of other responsibilities as and when required.
The main responsibilities are:
· Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
· Assist with monitoring and updating social media and online presence and dealing with social media queries or comments.
· Attend constituency meetings as appropriate.
· Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
· Draft responses to constituents.
· Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
· Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
· Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
· Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
· Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters).
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
· There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
To apply, send your current CV and covering letter setting out why you think you are the right person for the role to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 8th August at 5pm. Successful applicants will be required to pass the Parliamentary Security Vetting process.